Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm Getting the Chills...

The days are getting colder, darker.  Storms are starting to settle in.  Wind is getting restless.  Halloween is just around the corner.  It's coming.  Sci-Fi, Thriller, Horror movies season!  I'm not a big thrill seeker: afraid of heights and incredibly over aware of dangerous circumstances (made worse by theatrics and a ton of imagination), but oh how I love Thriller films!  I love how the intensity gets my adreneline going, my blood pumpin', but absolutely no risk involved -- all from the comfort of my own couch (ideally huddled close to a cute Mr.) but I digress!  Here are a few films that I'm anxiously awaiting their release.
  
'Devil' Out Sept 17th -- Tomorrow! 
Five people are trapped in an elevator in an office high-rise, with all attempts to rescue them failing and inexplicable events occurring. Soon the five begin to turn on one another amid suspicions that one of them is the Devil himself.
Did i mention I'm claustrophobic as well?
'Let Me In' Oct 1st.
This is a remake of the 2008 Sweedish cult classic: "Let the Right One In"
It's about a boy who befriends the new girl when she moves in next door only to later realize she's a vampire.  I just watched the original last night and man was it eerie.  The girl is innocent and really helpless, enough so that you kind of feel bad for her even as she's sucking the life out of some poor drunk.  She's just a victim to her own impulses.  But then again... she's a rampant killer -- quite the conundrum.

'Skyline' Nov. 12.
Do they exist or don't they?  Anything alien is scary.  'Signs'?  One of the scariest movies I've ever see.  WTF was that on the roof!?!?  And the Tom Cruise remake 'War of the World'?  Pretty intense too.

'Buried' with Ryan Renolds comes out Sept 24th.  'Case 39' (Oct 1) and Clint Eastwoods 'Hereafter' (Oct 22) make the cut as well.  What about you?  What movies are you looking forward to?


1 comment: