Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall Harvest!


In continuing the "It's Officially Fall!" celebration, here are some fantastic produce that will be available fresh from your local farmer's market.  I love visiting Pike's Place and asking for whatever is in season from the local farm vendors.  Then I search the internet for different recipes to try with my proudly purchased local and organic produce! 

I'll be posting my favorite fall recipes on my blog for the next few days.  Enjoy these fall flavors!

Daddy's Eggplant Parmesean

My mom does most of the cooking in our house.  Dad is only allowed in the kitchen if he's making this famous dish!  He really is culinary challanged.  When I asked him for his recipe he listed the ingredients and then said: "bake according to the temp and time mom tells me."  -- Where would he be without her!

What you will need:
1 large eggplant
1 egg
1 c. flour  -- Or "flower" if you're my dad!
3 T olive oil
1 jar of marinara sauce of your choice
1 (16oz) package of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 c parmesean cheese

Preheat oven to 350*.  Slice eggplant 1/4 inch thick.  Drop egg into rimmed plate (pie tin works best).  Dip eggplant slices into egg and then into flour and cover on both sides.  Warm olive oil in frying pan and fry eggplant.  Put one layer of eggplant into the bottom of a 9x12 baking dish.  Follow with a layer of mozzarella cheese.  Cover with marinara.  Repeat.  Finish off with a layer of paremesean on top.  Bake for 30min at 350*.


No comments:

Post a Comment