Roasted Butternut Squash-Stuffed Shells
Prep Time: 15 min
Start to Finish: 45 min
Makes:12 servings (2 shells each)
What you will need:
24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
1 cup Fiber One® original bran cereal
3 cups 1/4-inch cubes butternut squash
1 tablespoon canola or olive oil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 oz lean Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
3/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
1 cup firmly packed fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Spray 13x9-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package. Place cereal in resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or finely crush in food processor).
2. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, toss squash, oil and pepper until squash is evenly coated. Pour onto ungreased cookie sheet with sides. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is tender. Let cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
3. Meanwhile, spray 10-inch skillet with cooking spray. Crumble and cook sausage in skillet until no longer pink. Stir in cereal.
4. In large bowl, mix ricotta cheese and milk. Stir in spinach, sage, butternut squash and sausage mixture, tossing lightly to mix.
5. Fill each cooked pasta shell with about 3 tablespoons of squash mixture. Drizzle marinara sauce over all shells; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
6. Bake at 350°F 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until hot.