Tuesday, August 24, 2010

4 Simple Goals




So I came across this rad girls blog and she has presented an such a cool challenge! Make 4 Simple Goals -- simple meaning, somewhat easily reachable goals that are more for the enjoyment of and less for the end result. Here are mine:

1) Take more pictures! I'm not a photographer by any means, but I find that I really enjoy looking back at pictures (that others have taken) and re-experiencing special moments. Time to stop relying on others to capture those mini mementos!
2) Enjoy more walks with the pup. We just moved to a new place in the Magnolia neighborhood of Seattle. It's a few blocks from this HUGE (543 acres) park with hiking trails, a beach, and a light house. I recently perused the grounds for the first time and wow! it's beautiful! I hope to experience more hikes very soon. (And take pictures!)
3) Be more outgoing. Believe it or not, I'm shy (at first)! When it comes to taking the initiative in creating friendships, I tend to be really unsure of myself. I'm great at maitaining relationships (ehem, just TRY and get me to shut up), but the begginings are always so uncomfortable for me. Recently, I find myself whining about not having enough friends. It's time to get a little more involved in the primary makings of a beautiful friendship. Anyone want to come over for dinner?
4) Take more coffee breaks. Monday thru Friday, 8am - 4pm, you can find me sitting at my desk. I don't take a lunch because I like taking off a little earlier than the rest. But I'd like to schedule some coffee dates in order to spend more quality time with those I love. Deborah's got Fridays... Anyone want to grab a coffee tomorrow?

This is an AWESOME and FUN idea guys, make sure you let me know if you decide to do one as well. Strength in numbers -- we can hold each other accountable :) I'll make sure to post updates on how I'm doing in this lil challenge, too. Can't wait to see what the rest of 2010 will look like!

2 comments:

  1. I take coffee breaks maybe too often. maybe my goal should be "actually do work when you're at work"

    Okay here goes on my list

    1) meditate or something more
    2) Eat more froyo
    3) sing along to songs more
    4) stop facebook chatting when I should be taking notes in class (haha yeah right)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walk, Starbucks, knit and love . . . xoxo

    ReplyDelete